Sunday, November 7, 2010

Week #7 - Social Networking, Facebook and Twitter

I am a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to facebook (or possibly just the concept of the social networking site). On the one hand I am a webdesigner and general 2.0 user and, for this reason, am amazed by the sheer magnitude of sites like facebook, and the mind blowing code powering them. The possibilities of social networking sites, once the internet becomes a more immersive experience, are unfathomable. On the other hand, the massive potential that social networking has scares me on behalf of my children. I just hope that my children will add me as a friend on Facebook so that I can tell them when it is bed time.

I am operating under the Facebook guise of Cockburn Libraries. Feel free to friend us.

Twitter seems to me to be an excellent way to feed information to friends/family/customers etc. Because Tweets are short and sweet there is not alot of information to wade through to get to the nuts and bolts. Especially if you are beign SMSed tweets - As that story on the Chilean earthquake highlighted.

Follow my Tweets at webtwotraining.

6 comments:

  1. Your link to your twitter page is wrong, there is #! bit in the middle which shouldn't be there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just testing everyone to see who actually went to my twitter. You are the only one who passed Lawley. For winning you will be entered into the draw for an iPad in approx. 3 weeks. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Adrian, are you still doing the twitter thing. I'm a bit behind and wanted someone to talk..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am friends with my mum on Facebook. It has its pros and cons. One pro is that she can still see I'm alive without me having to *ring* her. Yay! But a con is that she now knows too much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that about Twitter too, a lot less to wade through, and potentially much more to the point than Facebook.

    ReplyDelete