Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Week #8 - Online Video

Only the other day, Lawley, Linda and I were talking about the possibilities of video on the Cockburn Libraries Website. The idea we began discussing was the videoing/embedding of Storytime, Pram Jams and other various library events. Possible issues with this might be that customers will no longer need to visit the library to see their favourite events, however, I think that it would not stop enough people coming to the events, but would allow those that didn't get a booking to still see the event. From our discussions came the idea of videoing our cooking classes and beginning the Cockburn Libraries Cooking Channel on Youtube. We were joking though... were we?

Below I have embedded a video I made for the Cockburn Libraries to advertise the Multiscreen Channel unit that we had at the time. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Adrian, I liked your video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I like that idea. As long as you dont record me doing storytime of course. I'd probably break the internet as I have a "good for radio" appearance. Unfortunately i don't have a good for radio voice but whatever..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Videos of storytimes are something I'm really keen on. Hopefully we can achieve this in the not too distant future. As Margaret Allen said at a talk a few weeks ago, libraries are all about the stories - connecting people with stories; storytime + video + internet + viewer = connection

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice little video Adrian. Very funky music A sign of whats to come eh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cooking classes on youtube - a great way to look like a interesting and active library!

    ReplyDelete